I don't know how to describe him but I feel like I need to get this down now and try to explain to people that might not know him (or before he grows up). He is such a sweet person. He is so kind and compassionate. He just soaks in ANY compliment he is given. He seems truly humbled by a compliment and gets kind of embarrassed by them. Today, I was telling him that he was really keeping his room nice and clean and it looked great. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and sweet grin and said "thanks mom" and just hugged me!! His dad was telling him what a great singer/dancer he was at the VBS Family Night and he did the same thing "thanks dad" and he sat there and quietly thought about what he had just heard. He just "soaks it all in".
I think most kids are like this but he absolutely LOVES any kind of award he gets. He treasures them. He has been to 5 of Brandy's camps over this summer and last and he has kept EVERY medal (unbeknown est to me). I walked in his room the other day and he had EVERY trophy and EVERY medal and team picture on the back of his bed (headboard) and it looked like a shrine of some sort. When he lays down at night, all the medals clang together...but I think he likes it. It must remind him of what he's "accomplished" in 5 1/2 years which I think is wonderful and I admire him for it. He is so proud.
My little "G"...
I think most kids are like this but he absolutely LOVES any kind of award he gets. He treasures them. He has been to 5 of Brandy's camps over this summer and last and he has kept EVERY medal (unbeknown est to me). I walked in his room the other day and he had EVERY trophy and EVERY medal and team picture on the back of his bed (headboard) and it looked like a shrine of some sort. When he lays down at night, all the medals clang together...but I think he likes it. It must remind him of what he's "accomplished" in 5 1/2 years which I think is wonderful and I admire him for it. He is so proud.
My little "G"...

No comments:
Post a Comment