Thursday, August 17, 2006

Please don't make a scene...

A couple Sundays ago was communion Sunday at church. Gavin decided to attend service with us instead of go to Sunday School so I asked him if we wanted to go receive communion with me. He quietly walked down to the altar with me and as the preacher handed him his bread he dropped it in between the cushion and the railing. He was very upset and as a mom I was looking at him thinking "please don't get upset...all these people are watching us!!" He proceeds to fold his arms and "whisper" (but very loudly) "I DROPPED MY BREAD MOM..." i tried to convince him that this was a time he needed to pray and think about God yet he insisted that he needed to tell him he dropped his bread. So, I had to get up and walk him back to the pew, hands folded and pouting lips and all!!!! I'm sure people were thinking "well what happened there?" He really wanted a piece of bread but what was I going to do, tell the preacher "Um, my son dropped his bread and REALLY wants another piece...we'll pray extra for it!"

No comments: